My First DukeCard - Home
The DukeCard is your official Duke ID card and is a vital part of life at Duke University. You’ll need your DukeCard for access to almost everything on campus: residence halls, academic buildings, recreational facilities, checking out library books, parking lots, campus events, and campus photocopying.
In addition, the DukeCard virtually eliminates the need to carry cash on campus. The card accesses the Flexible Spending (FLEX) accounts and Dining accounts.
Add FLEX funds to your DukeCard
FLEX virtually eliminates the need to carry cash on campus. Just swipe and go. It’s fast. It’s easy.
Duke students use FLEX, the DukeCard Flexible Spending Account, for everything from laundry, vending machines and bookstore purchases to campus events. It’s easy to add funds to your FLEX account via Flex-Bursar transfer at the DukeCard website before arriving at Duke. You can also add funds via debit card, check or cash at New Student Move In, but we recommend you add Flex ahead of time to beat the lines!
Add FLEX when you submit your photo for your first DukeCard
Where you can use FLEX:
- Bookstores, Computer Store, Lobby Shop, East Campus Store, Medical Center Store, Duke Team Store
- Food at Marketplace, Great Hall, Plaza Food Carts, Perk Café, Freeman Center, Armadillo Grill, McDonalds, Panda Express, Subway, Divinity Café, Café at Duke Law, Sanford Deli, Trinity Café, Smith Warehouse Café, Joe Van Gogh
- Vending and Laundry Machines
- Merchants On Points (delivery to campus): Cinelli’s Pizzeria, Chai’s Noodle Bar, Chopped Greens, Dale’s Indian Cuisine, Domino’s Pizza, Dragon’s Gate, Enos’ Pizza, Food Factory at Devil’s Bistro, Grace’s Café, Jimmy Johns, Junior’s Grille, Mediterranean Grill, Nosh, Papa John’s Pizza, Randy’s Pizza, Spartacus, T.G.I. Friday’s, Vita
- University Box Office, Sara Duke Gardens Terrace Shop, Nasher Museum Café, Washington Duke Inn, Student Health , Barber Shop
Your Dining Plan allows you to get food from dining facilities, convenience stores and vending machines on campus, and from off-campus vendors who deliver food to campus. All undergraduate students living in University housing are required to purchase a Dining Plan with a Food Points Account. First-year students living on East Campus are required to participate in a Dining Board Plan.
See the Dining section of your Blue Book for more details or visit dining.duke.edu.